I love the bright colors and the texture of the crocheted scarf and the distressed wood chair. And I decided to incorporate them into a gift box for the Moxie Fab World Gift Wrap Challenge:
I found the crocheted doily at Jo Ann’s about 2 months ago and didn’t know what to do with it until I saw this week’s Trigger. I layered it with some bright flowers from Hero Arts Luscious Patterned Flowers set and decorative pins from K&Co. I used some fun twine from The Twinery to create my flower centers (instructions can be found here). And I’m entering this into Wee Memories challenge #51 which just happens to be about incorporating twine into our projects.
The gift box was super easy to make. I learned how at a Stampin’ Up! party last year (hosted by demonstrator and friend, Wendy) but I’m not sure who gets the original credit for the box. Here are the instructions using an 8.5×11 piece of cardstock:
- Score lengthwise at 1″, 5″, and 6″.
- Score in the other direction at 1″, 5″, 6″, and 10″.
- Trim the cardstock at 6″ across the width (your CS should now be 6″x11″).
- Make horizontal cuts at the 4 corners and the middle (see pic below).
- Fold along score lines, apply double-sided adhesive to the short tabs and adhere to the side panels.
- The final dimensions are 4″x1″x4″.
Before I adhered the box, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the PTI woodgrain impression plate to incorporate the distressed chair in the Trigger. Hope the instructions make sense; please let me know if you have any questions!